From a young age girls become interested in make up, from the lipstick that they put on like clowns to the squirts of foundation you find in your expensive carpet – with a society that sees make up as ‘normal’ it’s no wonder!
Most women‘s daily morning routine includes the application of make up, whether that‘s a quick layer of foundation or perhaps some mascara, all the way up to a full face of make up. We all know lipstick goes on the lips and eyeshadow on the eye lids but are we actually applying our beauty products correctly?
These are some of the top 5 tips for applying your make up and beauty products:-
1) If you want just a light coverage of foundation – use your fingers to spread it. For a heavier layer, use a foundation brush.
2) Use a lighter shade of lipstick to give a fuller and plumper look to the lips.
3) Use an eyebrow pencil to give better definition to your eyebrows and shape to the face.
4) Make sure you use the right brush for the right make up type and style of application needed.
5) Don‘t ‘swoop’ your mascara up your lashes – instead start from the root and wiggle the wand up to separate the lashes.
Having someone else apply your make up can make the process so much easier as reflections in mirrors are the wrong way around and can be confusing for your co-ordination. When you are attending a special occasion such as your wedding, prom or a ball, it could be worth scoping out the services of a beauty therapist. They don‘t have to cost the earth and can ensure your make up is looking perfect for your big day. With their knowledge and experience, they‘ll be able to match colours and tones to suit your skin type and colouring along with your choice of outfit.
Many beauty therapists offer an ‘in your home’ service allowing you to get completely ready in your own home. Some prefer to do this in their salon so they have all of the products they may need to hand.
Here are some of the top tips for hiring a beauty therapist:-
1) Ask if anyone you know has any contacts – always better to use a recommendation where possible.
2) Ask for proof of their work, read up on testimonials from previous clients.
3) Ask for a meeting to discuss your thoughts and requirements before committing to use their services.
4) Ask to see proof of any qualifications/affiliations they have.
5) Go with your gut instinct – if something doesn‘t feel right, don‘t use them – it‘s always better to be safe than sorry.
Armed with this, you can make sure you are looking beautiful and radiant for your big moment whether you have applied your make up or hired a beauty therapist!